There was no warning; it just dropped dead! Four trees of the same species, all the same age and size, all planted in the same spot experiencing the same conditions. Yet three are thriving and other is as dead as the proverbial Dodo! Clearly, even trees are individuals!
This made me wonder; how can some things be the same and yet be so very different?
|…and then there were three! Why?|
Have you ever wondered why one person can see a spider on the wall and not be worried about it, while another person screams and rushes from the room in terror? It’s the same situation for both people, yet they react so differently. Here are some other examples:
- My wife loves rhubarb, but I hate it. It’s the same taste, yet the experience for each of us is different!
- While it is hard to believe, some people don’t like ice cream! How can that be?
- Some people like to sleep with the window open, others like it closed.
- Some people like dogs, other people like cats, still others like snakes.
- Some people like Harry Potter while others can’t stand Harry!
- Some people are terrified of going to the dentist, others aren’t so bothered!
- Some people are racist and/or sexist in their thinking while others are not.
Why do people respond so differently to the exact same thing? What do you think?